With fewer trips to the grocery store this season, it's all about making the most of your pantry. Did you stock up on cranberries for Thanksgiving? No need to let them go to waste with this vibrant crumble featuring our our organic Crème Fraîche.
Recipe, food styling, and photography by Eat Nantucket
3 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 heaping cup of fresh cranberries (or thawed from frozen)
1/4 cup sugar
juice of 1/2 lemon
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of coarse salt
1 stick of unsalted butter
5.3 oz Crème Fraîche
- Preheat oven to 350F.Place apples and cranberries in a large mixing bowl and toss with sugar and lemon juice. Pour into a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish, spreading evenly.
- In another large bowl, mix together flour, oats, light brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Cut stick of butter into even cubes. Using a pastry cutter or fingers, gently work the butter into the dry ingredients until pea-sized lumps are formed and the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Top apples and cranberries evenly with mixture and bake until apples are bubbly and topping is golden brown, about 50-60 minutes, rotating once halfway through cooking.
- Serve warm or room temperature topped with Cowgirl Creamery Crème Fraîche.
Adding Crème Fraîche to the warm crumble results in a luxuriously creamy sauce, while adding it at room temperature provides a textured pop of bright, decadent flavor–a serious upgrade from whipped cream.
Need to stock up on Crème Fraîche for this recipe? Ask your local cheesemonger or specialty grocer, or check out our Cowgirl Creamery Cooks package, with our favorite cooking cheeses from our organic creamery.
Muchas gracias. ?Como puedo iniciar sesion?