MT TAM SPANISH TORTILLA WITH ROMESCO SAUCE
Makes one 8-inch tortilla with sauce, original recipe published at https://culturecheesemag.com/
2 medium (or 1 large) gold potatoes, sliced thin
1 small onion, diced
Romesco Sauce Ingredients
1 jar roasted red pepper
¼ cup almonds
¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
Drizzle of sherry vinegar
1 teaspoon paprika
1 clove garlic
Chives, parsley, dill, tarragon, etc.
1 wheel of Mt Tam
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Toss the potato slices with a large drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Arrange in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Combine the sun-dried tomatoes and sherry vinegar in a small bowl. Let sit for a few minutes until the tomatoes have absorbed some of the vinegar.
- Add the roasted bell pepper, almonds, soaked sun-dried tomatoes and remaining vinegar, paprika, garlic and shallot into the base of a food processor. Pulse a few times. Drizzle olive oil into the top of the food processor while it’s running until the sauce is a spreadable consistency. Season to taste.
- Saute the onion in a small (8-inch) nonstick pan. Season to taste.
- Once the potato slices have cooled slightly, remove and overlap with the diced onion - filling the inside of the same nonstick pan. Whisk the eggs together in a small bowl. Pour overtop the potato/onion and cook over medium high until the base is mostly set. Flip it upside down (using a plate to help if needed.) Cook for another minute or two until set.
- Transfer onto a plate. Top with romesco sauce, Cowgirl Creamery Mt Tam, and chopped herbs of your choice.